They moved in 1957 from their house on the seafront in Aldeburgh to The Red House on the outskirts of the town surrounded by five acres of gardens. They lived here from 1957 for nearly twenty years when Britten died in 1976 and Pears ten years later in 1986.

Based on the latest advice from Public Health England and the UK Government, The Red House is closed to the public until the end of April at the earliest. Please see our News for further information.

Share with us using hashtag

#brittenpears