It was the privacy which attracted Britten to move away from the busy Aldeburgh seafront to the tranquil and secluded Red House.
The Red House
Suffolk, IP15 5PZ
From the A12, take the A1094 to Aldeburgh. Follow the brown sign straight on to the roundabout. At the roundabout (past the supermarkets on your right), take the first exit: the B1122 Leiston Road. Golf Lane is the second turning on the left, directly opposite the brown sign directing you to ‘The Red House’.
Users of satnav and online mapping systems beware: you may be misdirected into Linden Close, from where there is no access to our site.
Due to limited onsite parking we offer a free shuttle bus during school holidays covering our opening hours in May–August, Tuesday–Saturday 1-5pm.
It runs on a circular route every 30 minutes at the approximate times shown below.
Look out for the Britten minibus sign at these pick-up points:
- Scallop (1.00, 1.30, 2.00…4.00)
- Moot Hall (1.05, 1.35, 2.05…4.05)
- Fort Green Car Park (1.15, 1.45, 2.15…4.15)
- Aldeburgh Baptist Chapel (1.20, 1.50, 2.20…4.20)
- The Red House (1.25, 1.55, 2.25…4.25, 4.55)
We encourage cyclists to use our bike shed in the overflow car park.
Walking from Aldeburgh
The Red House is a 20-25-minute walk from Aldeburgh town centre. Plan your route on Google Maps.
(booking in advance recommended)
Local taxi firms include:
- A2B Cars: 01728 633003
- Amber Taxis: 01728 833621
- Boomerang (minibus, saloon car and 21 seater coach): 01728 833331
- Oscars: 01728 830614
- Squirrel’s Taxis: 01728 602344